Metal Storm logo
Poison

07.12.2007 - 14:54
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
i love poison one of the fisr rock bands i listened i think they are very talented and their music is very enjoyable for any metalhead, my favorite song is skiny bop love the bass and the chorus
----
Stay Metal !!!
08.12.2007 - 01:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Poison are great, there definitly closer to punk than metal, still classic though.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.12.2007 - 02:05
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Poison have some really cool songs...Skinny Bop is a neat song...I've read so many metal books where most metal fans wanted to fuck the girls from Poison and were completely freaked out that they would out that they were dudes...and how the members of Poison were really good at using women on the Strip to basically live with, have cook their meals and do their laundry just because they were "so cute..."
10.12.2007 - 02:08
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I love Poison!!!

They're an aquired taste though because they are so obnoxiously cheesy lol. Their best songs are "Nothin' But a Good Time" and "Your Mama Don't Dance".
11.12.2007 - 10:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I use to listen them in pust but now it seems so cheesy for me that I cant stand, maybe some ballad but otherwise IM HAPPY IM NOT FEMALE
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.12.2007 - 23:48
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: I understand that the band attracts alot of women, but it doesn't make you a fag for liking them. They are rock n' roll, but their image is very glamorous..... that's all.
04.01.2008 - 04:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I recently got their discography but I haven't listened to it yet... BW has someone listened their new album Poison'd?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.01.2008 - 21:41
deadset61
Account deleted
They are good as musicians but i cant stand Bret's voice. C.C. Deville is a great guitar player though.
10.01.2008 - 17:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 06.01.2008 at 21:41

They are good as musicians but i cant stand Bret's voice. C.C. Deville is a great guitar player though.

Bret's is a standard Glam voice my friend...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.01.2008 - 01:17
deadset61
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.01.2008 at 17:39

Bret's is a standard Glam voice my friend...

Yeah but i prefer Vince Neil over Bret
11.01.2008 - 01:21
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
someone's picky

I love Motley Crue, but on Too Fast For Love , Vince sounds like he inhaled alottt ov helium!
11.01.2008 - 08:04
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Unskinny Bop and every rose has it's thorn, classics of hard rock. Hail Poison!
14.01.2008 - 23:31
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I wanna watch Brett Michael's Rock Of Love 2. lol, my sister got me into these damn reality/find love shows. Some of it is fixed, but godDAMMNN it's entertaining. My friends say that if I had a show like that, alotttt ov people would watch it . It'd probably be similar to Rock Of Love.

All those girls must be half Brett's age haha.
16.01.2008 - 10:09
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
God I hate this band, and anything hair metal, for starters it caused people to think that it was heavy and actual metal, which is far from the truth, and they act all tough and shit, any real metal could kick their ass, what a gay band
16.01.2008 - 22:26
marillionfan
Account deleted
Poison is just another overrated hair metal band - I've heard many more obscured bands that did a lot better than them honestly. I wish Mr Michaels would try to make some music instead on posing as a macho loverboy on tv reality shows.
17.01.2008 - 07:39
Number Juan
Poison is an ok band. I did like and I still do like some of their songs but I can't get into the nitty gritty of their discography because they were sort of an introductory band for me and I kinda outgrew them. I do put on Talk Dirty To Me once in a while, though.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
25.01.2008 - 08:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Actually they werent really good musicians...at all. CC Deville has a really simple style, its said that Rikki Rockets drum parts on the recordings were so off-time they needed to cut and tape alot of the recording tape just to make it work...as far as Bobby Dalls bass playing is concerned I cant comment much because I havnt really paid much attention to the basslines.
----
- George Carlin
25.01.2008 - 08:29
deadset61
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 25.01.2008 at 08:27

Actually they werent really good musicians...at all. CC Deville has a really simple style, its said that Rikki Rockets drum parts on the recordings were so off-time they needed to cut and tape alot of the recording tape just to make it work...as far as Bobby Dalls bass playing is concerned I cant comment much because I havnt really paid much attention to the basslines.

Well i still think cc deville is pretty good at guitar but that rikki rocket part made me lose what little respect i had for them
25.01.2008 - 14:55
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
wow, i didn't know that about the drummer . SO how did that work for them live
26.01.2008 - 00:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 25.01.2008 at 14:55

wow, i didn't know that about the drummer . SO how did that work for them live

Well at least in the early recordings apparently. I read this in the book 'Bang Your Head' (that part sourced from a former producer or something) so it might not be entirely true, but I could really see it, seeing as they werent all entirely great musicians.
----
- George Carlin
25.06.2008 - 20:01
Jonnz of Steel
Poison are fun, but I agree with the fact that as musicions go, they're pretty poor. As a band they're pretty generic compared to the other hair bands like Cinderella, but classics like Talk Dirty To Me and Unskinny Bop are all good listens
02.04.2010 - 12:34
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
Love Poison Great Albums with fun songs and they have a great image Glam Metal Rules
03.04.2010 - 16:05
DayFly
Written by Doc G. on 08.12.2007 at 01:27

Poison are great, there definitly closer to punk than metal, still classic though.

Is this irony, youthful folly or have I mistaken you for another user?
03.04.2010 - 19:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by DayFly on 03.04.2010 at 16:05

Written by Doc G. on 08.12.2007 at 01:27

Is this irony, youthful folly or have I mistaken you for another user?

Youthful folly. I did enjoy them - briefly - some time ago. It then went from "Not really enjoying them" to "I can't stand them".
----
- George Carlin
04.04.2010 - 17:47
Lord_Regnier
Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 10:09

God I hate this band, and anything hair metal, for starters it caused people to think that it was heavy and actual metal, which is far from the truth, and they act all tough and shit, any real metal could kick their ass, what a gay band

My thoughts exactly.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
05.04.2010 - 11:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 11.12.2007 at 10:06

I use to listen them in pust but now it seems so cheesy for me that I cant stand, maybe some ballad but otherwise IM HAPPY IM NOT FEMALE

Hmm...what about Poison makes you happy you're not female?

I used to like Poison before I got into real heavy metal, but I cant really listen to them anymore, other than for a laugh! Motley Crue is really the only glam band I can still somehwat appreciate, at least musically. (and W.A.S.P. if you count them as glam) Their lyrics are mostly beyond awful like most glam bands though. hehee
05.04.2010 - 12:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.04.2010 at 11:00

Written by Bad English on 11.12.2007 at 10:06

Hmm...what about Poison makes you happy you're not female?

I used to like Poison before I got into real heavy metal, but I cant really listen to them anymore, other than for a laugh! Motley Crue is really the only glam band I can still somehwat appreciate, at least musically. (and W.A.S.P. if you count them as glam) Their lyrics are mostly beyond awful like most glam bands though. hehee

It was in 2007 so I dont remeber what I mean whit it, but IMO it was if you saw Paradise City video whit where 2 chicks hold Axel try me banner, provobly there was millions of gilrs whi fell in love whit band and , imo idea was like it

Some poisen lyrics was good, and IMO if you own best of its enought and same here I like band when I didnt know much about metal, so I say thank's i net its best waht can hepen in metalhead's life
----

apos;'
[image]
24.04.2010 - 03:46
Jonnz of Steel
Apparently Bret Michaels is in critical condition due to a brain hemorage...

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2050&Itemid=42

Terrible news, hope he pulls through.
03.08.2022 - 12:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BRET MICHAELS Says POISON May Not Tour Again Until 2025

https://blabbermouth.net/news/bret-michaels-says-poison-may-not-tour-again-until-2025

Well if you have money you can do it
----

apos;'
[image]