Metal Storm logo
Metallica

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 24.09.2008 - 04:44
Once again, topic for Metallica.

Quote:

WRITTEN BY X-CALIBER:
Youve been the one making the same excuse over and over again. I know its not 84. But even for 08, I still think that DM isnt an amazing album. So, why do you like it so much?

Because it's strong, agressive, fast, the solos are back, and it has SOME ELEMENTS form the old stuff. I loved ...And Justice For All so there's not really a reason for me to hate Death Magnetic. I enjoy every Metallica album, some more than others,. but DM is deffinitely in teh ones I like the most.

I mean, you can't expect that they make the same stuff they did in 83, when they were like 20 years old, when it's 2008, and they're 45 years old. Maybe they're not so skilled, maybe the album is mediocre, but since I am no musician, I can't really judge. People who bashed how "mediocre" the album supposedly is, for like 4 pages in teh past topic whould go and listen to Dram Theater or Porcupine Tree or sth. Like that, you'll find no mediocre stuff there.
25.09.2008 - 08:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by [user id=31891] on 24.09.2008 at 19:19

all the ppl plz check the ppl who say metallica's new album is shit! 90% of them r Megadeth's fans or Slayer's where r other haters or im blind?

are you saying people cannot be a fan of all three bands?

they're bands, not fucking rival football clubs, ffs.

i USED to like all three. Slayer is the only one i would pay money to see now. it's not that i want the other two to fail, it's that they just don't move me as much anymore.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.09.2008 - 09:43
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 25.09.2008 at 08:27

all the ppl plz check the ppl who say metallica's new album is shit! 90% of them r Megadeth's fans or Slayer's where r other haters or im blind?

i USED to like all three. Slayer is the only one i would pay money to see now. it's not that i want the other two to fail, it's that they just don't move me as much anymore.

i said the what is happening here! i dont say u cant like all of them. i like megadeth myself. but not slayer and i like metallica. my fuckin word is that why i dont go to slayer's thread and start to say their album is shit?
i know u r tallica's fan and slayers too and megadeth's. but i dont remember that u talk about metallia as a megadeth fanboy or ...
when they try to let down metallica for funny reasons i have to reaction for me metallica is more than a FUCKIN FOOTBALL TEAM.
25.09.2008 - 10:34
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by [user id=31891] on 25.09.2008 at 09:43

i said the what is happening here! i dont say u cant like all of them. i like megadeth myself. but not slayer and i like metallica. my fuckin word is that why i dont go to slayer's thread and start to say their album is shit?
i know u r tallica's fan and slayers too and megadeth's. but i dont remember that u talk about metallia as a megadeth fanboy or ...
when they try to let down metallica for funny reasons i have to reaction for me metallica is more than a FUCKIN FOOTBALL TEAM.

i think you ought to take a step or four back from your metallica fanboi-ism and realize that many people have different tastes and view them differently. they were a might important band that opted to take a very commercial fork in the road - which pissed a lot of people off. they have EVERY RIGHT to examine each and every metallica album with a healthy dose of skepticism. it's not for "fun reasons", it's because it does not appeal to the listener. too bad if you disagree with their opinion, they have every right to it.

from my opinion, it's not shit, but it's not gonna crack my 2008 top 25. it's a 6.5.

as for metallica "being more than fucking football team" that's entirely up to the individual, isn't it. i'd rather my favorite hockey team won the Stanley Cup this year than Metallica ever released a fucking song again...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.09.2008 - 11:03
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 25.09.2008 at 10:34

Written by [user id=31891] on 25.09.2008 at 09:43

i think you ought to take a step or four back from your metallica fanboi-ism and realize that many people have different tastes and view them differently. they were a might important band that opted to take a very commercial fork in the road - which pissed a lot of people off. they have EVERY RIGHT to examine each and every metallica album with a healthy dose of skepticism. it's not for "fun reasons", it's because it does not appeal to the listener. too bad if you disagree with their opinion, they have every right to it.

from my opinion, it's not shit, but it's not gonna crack my 2008 top 25. it's a 6.5.

as for metallica "being more than fucking football team" that's entirely up to the individual, isn't it. i'd rather my favorite hockey team won the Stanley Cup this year than Metallica ever released a fucking song again...

im agree that my actions rnt normal as their actions. but this is newtons law! when i hear an unormal word i cant aract normaly.
and about ur words im actually agree with u. cause as i see u know how to speak! but when someone break the lines ! i will do it too. this is a theard for fun, not a place to sarcasm to eachother.(ive told it for at least 6 or 7 times, but a lot of them didnt understand me)
25.09.2008 - 20:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 25.09.2008 at 06:26

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 25.09.2008 at 06:07

Written by Demonmayonnaise on 24.09.2008 at 07:14

You just told me not to compare it to the old stuff, and yet one of the reasons you like it is because it has some elements of the old stuff... Makes no sense to me. I listened to it again today thinking it would grow on me. Well it didnt. I have a problem even somewhat enjoying it now. But Ive decided to quit bashing it, and let you people who enjoy it do so.

It's different. I never expetced it to be a total back to the roots. Like many peiople who are naive enough to believe them. And I never compared it my friend. i barely said what everyone knows. Tehy used some elements you can notice in ... And Justice For All, but I never compared both albums. Nor with RTL or MOP. Recognizing elemnt from teh old stuff is not comparing.

I can only hope for a world tour now...

I already have tickets to see them november.

I hate you!!! *envious*
LOL. Just kidding partner. Have fun Will they allow cameras?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
26.09.2008 - 02:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=31891] on 25.09.2008 at 11:03

im agree that my actions rnt normal as their actions. but this is newtons law! when i hear an unormal word i cant aract normaly.
and about ur words im actually agree with u. cause as i see u know how to speak! but when someone break the lines ! i will do it too. this is a theard for fun, not a place to sarcasm to eachother.(ive told it for at least 6 or 7 times, but a lot of them didnt understand me)

Well I know you have me on your ignore list, but I'm hoping you'll grow up and eventually read my post. I'm pretty sure most of this "breaking the lines !" was directed towards me, so I feel the need to address this.

-First of all, I did not come in here with the sheer purpose of bashing Metallica, I did not come in and just say "Metallica Sucks!", I explained my opinion in what I hope was good enough detail. You seemed to be the only one who took my distaste for the album as a personal attack, I'm pretty sure neither Kap'N Korrupt nor Jonas were personally offended by my words.
-Secondly, I thought I was very polite in my responses and you replied by calling the people who don't like metallicas new stuff "Sick". Then you had the nerve to accuse us of being impolite and what not. Even though I had not once resorted to personal insults like you did, a bit hypocritical isn't it?
-Thirdly, yes I am a very big Megadeth fan, but I never once brought up Megadeth in my arguments against Metallica, so your creating arguments out of absolutely nothing, you created the entire problem in your head.
-Last of all, this thread is to discuss the band, if everyone loved the new album there wouldn't be very much discussion would there?

I'm sorry if my opinions offended you, but perhaps you should look back at the conversation and actually read the posts carefully, maybe you'll realize you were overreacting to other people wishing to voice there opinion.

Now back to the band, so it seems they scheduled 2 nights in my town on this tour, I wonder why they only did that for our city and none others?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.09.2008 - 15:39
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
The most important problem of metallica is their fame, they sell more and when they sell more, there r a lot of ppl who likes to talk about metallica. and they bring hell. it was better that metallica wasnt famus as they r. the whole metal world was waiting for metallica's new album! then its normal to hear a lot of fake things about them. cause quanitity of conversaitons r more than their Quality.
everyone think that they have permission to talk about anything which they know or dont know. PFFF.
i know a lot of ppl here which they cant number one of tallica's 80's song! or neither 90's, but they say that metallica is Bullshit. they say for example "I am a Nortt fan and metallica sux" !!

so why i am tyrin to prove somthing!
26.09.2008 - 16:37
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Doc G. on 26.09.2008 at 02:56

Well I know you have me on your ignore list, but I'm hoping you'll grow up and eventually read my post. I'm pretty sure most of this "breaking the lines !" was directed towards me, so I feel the need to address this.

-First of all, I did not come in here with the sheer purpose of bashing Metallica, I did not come in and just say "Metallica Sucks!", I explained my opinion in what I hope was good enough detail. You seemed to be the only one who took my distaste for the album as a personal attack, I'm pretty sure neither Kap'N Korrupt nor Jonas were personally offended by my words.
-Secondly, I thought I was very polite in my responses and you replied by calling the people who don't like metallicas new stuff "Sick". Then you had the nerve to accuse us of being impolite and what not. Even though I had not once resorted to personal insults like you did, a bit hypocritical isn't it?
-Thirdly, yes I am a very big Megadeth fan, but I never once brought up Megadeth in my arguments against Metallica, so your creating arguments out of absolutely nothing, you created the entire problem in your head.
-Last of all, this thread is to discuss the band, if everyone loved the new album there wouldn't be very much discussion would there?

I'm sorry if my opinions offended you, but perhaps you should look back at the conversation and actually read the posts carefully, maybe you'll realize you were overreacting to other people wishing to voice there opinion.

Now back to the band, so it seems they scheduled 2 nights in my town on this tour, I wonder why they only did that for our city and none others?

Very well said!

Sounds weird with the two date scheduled. Might be a mistake or you might just be the lucky chosen city
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.09.2008 - 18:56
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
The new album I agree is not what I was expecting. I would much rather listen to some of their old school albums. Ever since st anger I've thought of Metallica as crap. They just lost their touch as they got older.
26.09.2008 - 21:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Those people are blind or deaf if thay expected Metallica will criate something like in old thtash albums, realy someone can explain why you hope thay will do something good like those yearws
When I hear Load ok it was good , Re-Load ehhhh but St. Anger, I realy stop care about band news, and what hepening whit band,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.09.2008 - 00:44
Demonmayonnaise
I never expected them to make a good old thrash album. There is no way anything new can compare to their 80s stuff.
27.09.2008 - 11:54
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by GT on 26.09.2008 at 16:37

Written by Doc G. on 26.09.2008 at 02:56

Very well said!

Sounds weird with the two date scheduled. Might be a mistake or you might just be the lucky chosen city

GT answered u so i can ur post Mr. Dear Dr.Rock:

first of all im not directing somthin against u! u r absolutely wrong. second there r a lot of new and old ppl here who i dont care if they say somthin funny! cause is their "Personality" but I cant take that someone liked u to sarcasm me!
cause i thought that u r a friend! u dont need to say fuck u Black! but i think i grove up now cause i like to unban u! cause i was sorry to ignore u.
but plz look at conversations, maybe my words r agrresive sometimes, i am agree. but oftenluy i dont say crap words. i do this just when someone do say crap things.
all of my words about metallica (which ive said it 1000 times) is that if someone hates metallica and his votes about them r under 3 at all albums!!! why u r talkin so much about fuckin tallica when u dont like them?
i say DM, is good, Masterpiece. and u say its normal, another one sais its bad. but suddenly somneone comes and say: " @The_Black_God u r PSYCOTIC casue uve bought the coffin box" i think i sould use this for my SIGNATUR (dont u think Dr.Rock?)
then i see that u took my words for ur signature, maybe my words was very funny and wrong! but not as the main one. dont u think Dr?
and dont u think my reactions r normal after all these words?
i dont say u have to like DM as me, i say we have to respect eachother, then u come and say my words r meaningless?
what ive said that u think my words r meaningless? ive tired to explain my words then u came and said such words. which i couldnt take anmore? remembered it? that was when i told u bad words and ignored u.
in the end im sorry if ive told u such words. but remember that it was u who made me to do this.
27.09.2008 - 14:48
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
22 years Burton, 22. He died the year I was born, it's an amazing coincidence.

RIP
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.09.2008 - 15:15
Elio
Red Nightmare
RIP Cliff....
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.09.2008 - 16:22
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
I can't believe that already 22 years passed since Cliff died. RIP
27.09.2008 - 16:36
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
i always think why just cliff died in the bus , im happy that it was just one! but its weird and sad, he didn have much time to see glory of metallica.
27.09.2008 - 18:18
Stigma
Account deleted
2 years since the last time weared my Misfits-shirt, jeans (ripped holes for knees) and my denim jacket together. RIP Cliff.
28.09.2008 - 09:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
There's this thing called Zombie Walk in Toronto and I'm gonna go as Zombie Cliff Burton
03.10.2008 - 11:23
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
@all
Im surrounded, I dont think that metallica's new album is Masterpiece. its medicore

(Mediocre:

me·di·o·cre /ˌmidiˈoʊkər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mee-dee-oh-ker] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
-adjective
1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.
2. rather poor or inferior.)

Plz forgive me to did that sin. I wont say that metallica's new album is Masterpiece and I will sell my coffin box for 20 $, by the way I know that noone will buy it.
I listened to it time and time again, now I know why ppl r against me! sorry. apologize to love this album.
Im agree with u now.

PS: Im very serious and Im not kiddin anymore look at my vote Ive changed it to 6.

thanks
03.10.2008 - 20:01
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
oh my gosh... i think the hell has just frozen over.....
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
03.10.2008 - 21:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@THE_BLACK_GOD: Well, you're not completely surrounded...there is a sizable group of people on MS who think Death Magnetic is bullshit...and there is no point in saying you are sorry because everyone has a right to an opinion...
03.10.2008 - 22:52
Elio
Red Nightmare
Death of a fanboy?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.10.2008 - 20:34
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I'll accept your coffin box as graduation present, BLACK_GOD
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

04.10.2008 - 21:17
juliocb
I love the old metallica, and hate the new metallica. I still respect them though because of the great music they did when they started and that when I saw them live, they played mostly old songs.
----
http://www.ballade.no/nmi.nsf/pic/carpatian_forest_01/$file/carpatian_forest_01.jpg
04.10.2008 - 21:18
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 04.10.2008 at 20:34

I'll accept your coffin box as graduation present, BLACK_GOD

bah...you get enough presents man. or maybe you've turned to a present-addict?
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
05.10.2008 - 01:54
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
One never gets enough Metallica presents
----

05.10.2008 - 10:44
mankvill
Death Magnetic is awesome!
05.10.2008 - 11:09
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
@+{Jonas}+
Unfortunately didnt get it yet. i will get it 2 weeks later! lol cause its in finland right now! then it has to come to turkey next week then i will get it the a week after it. so gimmi ur postal code
06.10.2008 - 03:34
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=31891] on 05.10.2008 at 11:09

@+{Jonas}+
Unfortunately didnt get it yet. i will get it 2 weeks later! lol cause its in finland right now! then it has to come to turkey next week then i will get it the a week after it. so gimmi ur postal code

That's a lot of time....
You serious? o_0
----

06.10.2008 - 10:27
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 06.10.2008 at 03:34

Written by [user id=31891] on 05.10.2008 at 11:09

@+{Jonas}+

That's a lot of time....
You serious? o_0

these r our goverment's problems! not atomic energy lol