Metal Storm logo
Emperor

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 06.08.2006 - 22:23
I just saw my all-time favorite band Emperor live at Wacken 2006. And I now see that theese almighty guys doesnt even have a thread here! Well here I am to worship the Emperor. Lets chat a little about Emperor.

What do you think about Emperor and why?
What is your fav. albums / songs / cover art
Is there any --> good <-- similar bands to any of Emperor's diffrent sounds.

You get the idea mates just get a discussion running of this awesome band.

And one more thing, no meaningless posts like "Emperor sucks" or "Emperor rocks". Please put a little more effort, its more fun to read for everyone.

/Cheers Basso
08.09.2006 - 00:23
Daru Jericho
Lol, I really doubt you'll get front row for Emperor and even if you did, you'd probably get shoved out of the way by some ultra beefy dude who's their number 1 fan or some shit like that. Although if who I think will be there then I'll probably have straight access to the front row centre hehe.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

08.09.2006 - 12:50
Basso
Account deleted
I want to see them again.... damn you both!! DAMN YOU!!
08.09.2006 - 14:25
Baz Anderson
Staff
Daru Jericho: who do you think will be there??
you will be surprised though, if we get there early enough i will get to the front and stay there! hahaha
i did the same with Helloween, Cradle Of Filth, Dragonfroce and co. and pretty much every other show ive been to
when im at the front i just cling on for deer life - no one will take my place! hahahaha! haha

Basso: haha well you've been lucky enough to see them at Wacken along with all the other bands. its our turn now. haha. woo!
08.09.2006 - 16:48
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 08.09.2006 at 14:25

Basso: haha well you've been lucky enough to see them at Wacken along with all the other bands. its our turn now. haha. woo!

Indeed Have a fuckin blast.
08.09.2006 - 20:33
Baz Anderson
Staff
im sure i will!!
(unless the train crashes on the way down. hahahaha - that wouldnt be very good would it..)
03.10.2006 - 10:31
Judas
The Amputator
Far out, I ordered my ticket for the London show AGES ago (by ages, I mean 3 weeks), and they still haven't fucking arrived! I'll be pissed off if they don't, because it's sold out...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
03.10.2006 - 11:11
Baz Anderson
Staff
it isnt sold out yet..
is this where you got your ticket
http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp?code=205691&userid=120489833&filler1=see&filler2=advanced-venue

its where i got mine and it arrived within two or three weeks
it will probably take longer for you though in Australia
05.10.2006 - 16:02
Judas
The Amputator
Phew!!! The ticket got here today. I was so worried, but it finally came!

@Baz Anderson: I got it sent to my Kent address, which was why I was freaking out when it took so long. Can't wait for this show!!!
----
05.10.2006 - 18:50
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha yes
there is probably going to be a load of us from metalstorm all going to this one show
i wonder if anyone will recognise anyone?

i live half way up the country so i am going down on train with a friend which is going to cost a lot
i would like to set off early though, i dont mind waiting outside the venue for half a day if it means i might get to the front. haha
that would just be the best!!
08.10.2006 - 03:43
Daru Jericho
Getting to the front of Emperor's (potential) final gig would be near impossible but great if you could! Hey Baz, if you get to the front let me squeeze in next to you! I'm skinny as fuck lol!

@Judas: Are you coming all the way from Oz or are you currently residing in Kent or something? If you're coming from Oz that's beyond dedication. I only live an hour away from the venue!
----

08.10.2006 - 13:42
TheDamned
Account deleted
Hope you have fun , the show at Wacken was a blast . I'm glad they did a last tour I got to see them . It was really one of the best gig I've ever seen , even if it had some sound problems . I was tempted to go see them in London again but there is noone to come with me and travelling alone is too boring , even if it's for Emperor
08.10.2006 - 14:52
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Daru Jericho on 08.10.2006 at 03:43

Getting to the front of Emperor's (potential) final gig would be near impossible but great if you could! Hey Baz, if you get to the front let me squeeze in next to you! I'm skinny as fuck lol!

@Judas: Are you coming all the way from Oz or are you currently residing in Kent or something? If you're coming from Oz that's beyond dedication. I only live an hour away from the venue!

haha you can squeeze in if you can
if we cant get to the front, i dont think the second row would be a safe place to stay due to people thrashing themselves about and whatever, so if i dont get to the front i will probably try and find some safe place further back
where do you usually stand at shows there?
08.10.2006 - 22:48
Daru Jericho
Written by Baz Anderson on 08.10.2006 at 14:52

if we cant get to the front, i dont think the second row would be a safe place to stay due to people thrashing themselves about and whatever, so if i dont get to the front i will probably try and find some safe place further back

Usually I stand as close to the font as possible. I think I've only ever got front row on one occassion, although last week I was there watching Porcupine Tree and was in the 2nd row but I didn't get there as early as I would with usual gigs.

But I can guarantee that if you get the front row, you'll be crushed against the barriers for sure! I've been destroyed after being in the front row many a time, such as at this one Morbid Angel show and they come around every year!

But even if I don't get front...I'll be as close as possible. Even if it means having my eye taken out by some guy's 6 inch spiked bracer. IT'S EMPEROR'S FINAL SHOW.
----

08.10.2006 - 22:56
Judas
The Amputator

Ahahaha, it's a nice thought, having someone so dedicated that they're flying for 22hrs, watching a 3hr concert and then flying all the way back! Fortunately, I'm not doing that; my trip will only be around 2hrs. I'm living in Deal, Kent for a year (finishing in December, so it's drawing to a close), doing a Gap year (hence I was at Helloween & Wacken Open Air since they were during school holidays, but missed every other gig due to work).

By the way, if anyone has read the interview of Emperor in the new edition of the crap magazine Metal Hammer, I am mentioned. I told Ihsahn that I was from Australia, and in the interview he said that people had come all the way from Japan and Australia to Wacken, and that's what I told him at Hamburg Airport - myself and 2 friends are the people from Australia that he is alluding to. I'm honoured that the great Ihsahn remembered our meeting!

Getting back to gig talk, could you advise me on the best way of getting to the venue?
----
08.10.2006 - 23:01
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Daru Jericho on 08.10.2006 at 22:48

Usually I stand as close to the font as possible. I think I've only ever got front row on one occassion, although last week I was there watching Porcupine Tree and was in the 2nd row but I didn't get there as early as I would with usual gigs.

But I can guarantee that if you get the front row, you'll be crushed against the barriers for sure! I've been destroyed after being in the front row many a time, such as at this one Morbid Angel show and they come around every year!

But even if I don't get front...I'll be as close as possible. Even if it means having my eye taken out by some guy's 6 inch spiked bracer. IT'S EMPEROR'S FINAL SHOW.

haha yes. when i saw Cradle Of Filth i was right at the front and there was all the stupid little idiots tryingto get to the front there which ended up in us in the front row being squashed. its so annoying when you cant even breathe. i just dont want to pass out and miss the show
i will be as near to the front as possible though and hopefully in a safe place. haha
08.10.2006 - 23:11
Daru Jericho
Written by Judas on 08.10.2006 at 22:56

Ahahaha, it's a nice thought, having someone so dedicated that they're flying for 22hrs, watching a 3hr concert and then flying all the way back! Fortunately, I'm not doing that; my trip will only be around 2hrs. I'm living in Deal, Kent for a year (finishing in December, so it's drawing to a close), doing a Gap year (hence I was at Helloween & Wacken Open Air since they were during school holidays, but missed every other gig due to work).

By the way, if anyone has read the interview of Emperor in the new edition of the crap magazine Metal Hammer, I am mentioned. I told Ihsahn that I was from Australia, and in the interview he said that people had come all the way from Japan and Australia to Wacken, and that's what I told him at Hamburg Airport - myself and 2 friends are the people from Australia that he is alluding to. I'm honoured that the great Ihsahn remembered our meeting!

Getting back to gig talk, could you advise me on the best way of getting to the venue?

The venue itself is a 30 second walk from Tottenham Court Road tube station (as long as you get out at the right exit XD). To get to TCR tube station from Victoria station (very popular station) take the Victoria line to Green Park then change at GP for the Central Line to TCR. Oh and the exit closest to the venue is the one in the left hand corner as soon as you come off the escalators. Go up the stairs to the exit and you're on the main road. Then you turn back and walk 30 seconds and the Astoria is sort of on the corner on your right. You'll see a massive queue of people there so you'll recognise it.

Of course the best thing to do though is follow someone with an Emperor t-shirt. That's what I used to do when I had no idea where the venues were
----

08.10.2006 - 23:38
Daru Jericho
Written by Baz Anderson on 08.10.2006 at 23:01

Written by Daru Jericho on 08.10.2006 at 22:48

haha yes. when i saw Cradle Of Filth i was right at the front and there was all the stupid little idiots tryingto get to the front there which ended up in us in the front row being squashed. its so annoying when you cant even breathe. i just dont want to pass out and miss the show
i will be as near to the front as possible though and hopefully in a safe place. haha

Stupid little idiots at a COF show...I would never have guessed :

Anyhow, I think I should post in this thread that ages ago before Emp announced their London show, I had a dream where I came back from Mexico and I had to go to an Emperor show. I was really pushed for time and rushed to the venue to find out that the show had finished but at the merch stall they were selling merch for Fear Factory and Norther so I'm guessing they were the supports. I don't care for FF but Norther would be nice (and unlikely). Anyways, weird dream/premonition though, eh? I had a similar one about Edguy but the concert was Bloodstock up north so it doesn't count...
----

09.10.2006 - 03:43
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha - just take extra special care to get there and dont get tied up with something
it would be quite ironic if you didnt make it to the show and only live an hour away, when me and plenty other people are spending loads and loads of money getting there
10.10.2006 - 03:04
Daru Jericho
I know but that's NOT going to happen. I'll probably be going with a couple of friends up there anyway who'd be nice enough to drag my carcass to the venue if I was dead so I don't think missing it will be a problem!

On a separate note, before I saw Megadeth I had a dream that I missed that concert too but I went to it in real life hehe.
----

29.10.2006 - 15:28
Basso
Account deleted
Very familiar setlist with the one from Wacken. Incredible setlist indeed, wish I was there with you! But atleast I wont cry over missing it, I did get the chanse to see them myself before!

Tell us about the gig! How close up front did u get etc?
29.10.2006 - 15:29
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Daru Jericho on 10.10.2006 at 03:04

I know but that's NOT going to happen. I'll probably be going with a couple of friends up there anyway who'd be nice enough to drag my carcass to the venue if I was dead so I don't think missing it will be a problem!

On a separate note, before I saw Megadeth I had a dream that I missed that concert too but I went to it in real life hehe.

woooooooooooooo!!!!!
now that was pretty amazing i am sure you will agree!! hahahaha

ive just come back from seeing Emperor's last ever show - for people who hadnt guessed. hahaha
that was something special!

EDIT:
ive just found out this was the official setlist:

Into The Infinity Of Thoughts
The Burning Shadows Of Silence
Cosmic Keys To My Creations & Times
Thus Spake The Nightspirit
An Elegy Of Icaros
Curse You All Men!
With Strength I Burn
Towards The Pantheon
The Majesty Of The Nightsky
The Loss And Curse Of Reverence
In The Wordless Chamber
Inno A Satana
Opus A Satana Part 1
---
I Am The Black Wizards
Ye Entrancemperium
Opus A Satana Part 2

(but i am sure they didnt play 'Cosmic Keys... and 'The Majesty Of The Nightsky')

there are some pictures from the show here:
http://blog.myspace.com/funeralportraits

Daru Jericho: can you send them pictures you took to me when you can at 'bazanderson88aol.com'
i would very much appreciate it!!
29.10.2006 - 15:33
Baz Anderson
Staff
Basso: alrighty then!!
i got there with my friend at the venue about four and a half hours early so we could get to the front - and we met Daru Jericho there as well, she had been there a bit longer
so we just talked and whatever in the queue for hours and hours until we winall got in

haha - it could have been any better at all!!
we were both right in the middle right at the front!!! - we got realyl squashed, but it was worth it!! we must have had the best and closest view of anything in there!!

it was fantastic - they used pyro as well, so when all these flames came up we could just feel the heat really strongly!
it was amazing!!

i am half contemplating trying to do a concert review for it, but at the moment i wouldnt know what to write
ive been awake 29.5 hours so far without any sleep!!
29.10.2006 - 19:52
Basso
Account deleted
Holy poop on a stick that sounds so fucking awesome! Hail the Almighty Emperor for putting up such incredible shows!

Long live the Emperor!
30.10.2006 - 03:31
Baz Anderson
Staff
i tried to take pictures of the stage but it didnt really work
the stage was just magnificent

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Baz_Anderson/LJ/Image012.jpg

here is the book i bought - you cannot get this anywhere else yet

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Baz_Anderson/LJ/EmperorBook1.jpg

but the best bit is it is signed by Emperor!!!!!
i am so huffed with this!!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Baz_Anderson/LJ/EmperorBook2.jpg
30.10.2006 - 12:35
Basso
Account deleted
What is that book containing?

PS : I have all my Emperor cds signed
30.10.2006 - 14:41
Baz Anderson
Staff
that book is mainly tabs and musical notation for a bunch of the best Emperor songs
it also has a little note from Ihsahn as well

the main reason why i got it was because it was signed though - but it does make me want to try and pick up a guitar
30.10.2006 - 16:32
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 30.10.2006 at 14:41

that book is mainly tabs and musical notation for a bunch of the best Emperor songs
it also has a little note from Ihsahn as well

the main reason why i got it was because it was signed though - but it does make me want to try and pick up a guitar

Oh holy poop on a stick! Need that book
30.10.2006 - 19:11
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha - i think it comes out in November some time
i am not all that sure though..

i am just still so chuffed mine is signed
i am still buzzing from the whole past few days, seeing Saxon on friday and then Emperor on the saturday!
amazing!!
01.11.2006 - 02:11
Daru Jericho
Eee! I just submitted a review to MS so hopefully it should appear soon. But that gig was amazing! I managed to meet all of the Emperor members and for those who care, I asked Ihsahn if he was planning on a second solo album and he told me that it is in the works right now. Also, Zyklon plan on coming to the UK early next year. Such a great gig. Worth the X hours of waiting we endured.

A lot of people said that the show had a much better sound than that of Wacken.

Also Baz, tomorrow I'll put ALL the pics up on my site and give you the URL. I'm too tired and it's too late to do it all now
----

01.11.2006 - 02:16
Baz Anderson
Staff
thank you
yeh - the sound was perfect for us down there at the front!

who knows, maybe in the future i will be going to London again to see Zyklon this time.. that would be good

haha - waiting all them hours in the line definitly paid off though didnt it!!