Thomas Kronenes - vocals
Kristian Eivind Espedal - vocals
T. Reaper - vocals
Erik Heggernes - drums
Kjetil-Vidar Haraldstad - drums
Ronny Brandt Hovland - bass
Ivar Bjørnson Peersen - synthesizers

Additional info
The subtitle of the album, "Or About How To Philosophize With The Hammer", is also the subtitle of Nietzsche's "The Twilight Of The Idols".

Guest review by
Prugor
Rating:
With this album, the line up is swelling with new faces and the same faces from the last one, there are almost twice as many members in transition from the time between the gap of this album and Under The Sign of Hell. This is also the time that Gaahl comes into the band, he can be heard on the opening track, Destroyer and gives some help with the clean vocals from time to time. There is also the addition of a session member now, Daimonion, who has done work with Borknagar and other different Black Metal bands around this time. He does the keyboard and synth work for now, giving the album more of a quality of Atmosphere here and there, but not much and its hardly overdone. There is also a new drummer in the band as well, Vrolok, which his drumming is superior to the earlier Under The Sign of Hell release. Sometimes, Infernus and Vrolok drive the songs, continue them on while nothing else is going on, some slight hints of repetition but over all, it's a good sign.

Read more ››
published 28.04.2004 | Comments (1)

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 225 users
03.03.2011 - 03:46
Rating: 9
Yojimbo

My favorite album of theirs. Why the low score?
07.08.2011 - 17:45
Rating: 9
Martin_metal

Not so bad after all =). Not there worst, but not there best either..
18.10.2015 - 15:40
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

I may be contradicting my comments on previous albums, but I think "Destroyer" is at least on par with Gorgoroth's first few releases. The production and instrumentation is a little sharper, though sometimes that means a lack of focus on songwriting-as in the intro of the title track and 'The Devil, The Sinner and his Journey'. However, the album in general is mostly consistent, and it's clear the band were heading for bigger things here-notably on the 8 minute epic 'Virginborn', which I think is the album's highlight.

Hits total: 7711 | This month: 23