18. Exit The Game
19. Your Kid's An Asshole
20. Patriotic Shock
21. Bill Of Fights
22. Consensual Harassment
23. Just Say Go
24. Four More Years
25. The Sentence Is Death [bonus]

Iron Reagan is a crossover band from Richmond, Virginia. They've released a small amount of material over the few years they've been active. The super-group consists of Municipal Waste and Darkest Hour members.

Yeah, your hardcore mouth is watering already. As it should be.

Iron Reagan Smash!

The Tyranny of Will, this 24 track album commences with a musical kick to the teeth. The fast and crushing speed of the opener is a very good measure of things to come. It's fast, it's loud, it's in your face. And it's not going to stop. The guitar and bass combination is thick, a pleasant surprise compared to most crossover. The duo rips its way through, combining fast and intricate riffing with slow and heavy breakdowns and build ups. The drumming is top notch; the complicated and interchanging fills keep the tracks interesting over the duration of the album. The vocal shouts of Tony Foresta tie everything together with a perfect hardcore bow. The clean and clear modern production allows the listener to hear every bone crushing riff and every pound of the drums.

However, as good as it may be, it is still a pretty standard crossover album. Even though it is an absolute ass-kicker, the album suffers from a severe lack of originality. But lets get real here; if you're listening to crossover for the innovation, you're obviously missing the point. It's mean, it's in your face and it'll make you want to jump around. Jamming tracks like "Broken Bottles" and "Four More Years" will most likely end in a serious neck injury or brain bleeding from the headbanging. Everything about this release makes me want to start a one man circle pit in my living room. Hopefully it does the same for you.

God, I need to go skateboarding.

Written by Boxcar Willy | 04.09.2014

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 86 users
04.09.2014 - 07:45
Totenlieder

Yes, such a good album.
Definitely the prefect soundtrack to skate to.
----
Blut & Krieg
04.09.2014 - 15:39
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Since when do you skateboard? Oh and this sounds like something I would find incredibly boring.... good review though. I am interested somewhat however, given the band members, but I probably still won't listen t it.
04.09.2014 - 17:15
Lit.
Account deleted
If it's anything like the super average Worse Than Dead, I'll stick with Municipal Waste.
05.09.2014 - 00:22
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Alex F on 04.09.2014 at 15:39

Since when do you skateboard? Oh and this sounds like something I would find incredibly boring.... good review though. I am interested somewhat however, given the band members, but I probably still won't listen t it.

Skated since '86 yo. Naw pretty recent, second year skating. Can't imagine this is your thing, but it's got a lot of energy.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.09.2014 - 01:32
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
"But lets get real here; if you're listening to crossover for the innovation, you're obviously missing the point."

^THIS 100%. I may be into really batshit, off the wall music, but ya need a little orthodoxy now and then to get down with some more conventional metal structures to bang your head and throw shit to. I used to be pretty big on the originality factor, but sometimes you just need to acknowledge that some styles are more inclined towards it than others. Anyway, I'll definitely be giving this a peek, good crossover is preferable to shitty metalcore any day.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
05.09.2014 - 08:12
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by deadone on 05.09.2014 at 07:33

Whilst I totally agree, it's gotta be done "well." If it's just another average crossover album with no memorable tunes, I'll got back to cranking Suicidal Tendencies and Stormtroopers of Death.

Also a good point. I've heard some good things about Iron Reagan though from Doc as well, so I'm definitely down to give it a shot. I'm scoping Miserable Failure and liking what I'm hearing, but I guess I'll have to wait til the release date to take it in full context. In the meantime, I'll check out that Bodycount you mention as well
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 3712 | This month: 8