4 have it
3 want it

01. Disharmonic Feticism
02. Abstract Trap
03. Toybodïm
04. Süt-Aq-Köl
05. Aus Nebel Turm

Additional info
Comes as a jewel box CD with a 8-page full color booklet complete with lyrics, limited to 300 copies. Cover art by Joel Angelini, layout by Francesco Gemelli.

Found in 7 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 83 users
17.12.2016 - 06:11
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Looks interesting.
02.01.2017 - 23:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah not only is that art phenomenal but after listening to the previous album I'm very excited for this. Blut Aus Omega modern black metal but seemingly quite distinctive sounding in a way I can't quite pinpoint. Hopefully this one will be a similar sound.

03.01.2017 - 13:28
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 02.01.2017 at 23:33

Yeah not only is that art phenomenal but after listening to the previous album I'm very excited for this. Blut Aus Omega modern black metal but seemingly quite distinctive sounding in a way I can't quite pinpoint. Hopefully this one will be a similar sound.

They seem to let their riffs breathe and expand through 2nd wave BM esque riff progression and repetition, opposite to the somehow claustrophobic and abrupt nature of DsO's and BaN's riffs.
I'm quite excited for this as well.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
03.01.2017 - 13:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by InnerSelf on 03.01.2017 at 13:28

They seem to let their riffs breathe and expand through 2nd wave BM esque riff progression and repetition, opposite to the somehow claustrophobic and abrupt nature of DsO's and BaN's riffs.
I'm quite excited for this as well.

Ah yeah that thought occurred to me too. Not just an onslaught of ever-shifting dissonance. I really like the added effects and clean vocals too; oddly atmospheric for this kind of music.
03.01.2017 - 13:36
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Wow, the artwork has some awesome color palette!
03.01.2017 - 13:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The shading is great too. It looks almost 3 dimensional.
03.01.2017 - 14:01
InnerSelf
proofread free
That cover makes me feel really good about it, seems that we're going to have a great BM year and we're only 2 days in
----
is not bold enough
03.01.2017 - 14:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
According to the Facebook description of it it sounds like it's probably going to be more aggressive. Still could be a very nice thing though.

Quote:
Two years after the revelatory "Subconscious Metamorphosis" album, Italy's LORN are back with "Arrayed Claws", probably their more psychotic and violent work to date. The album features 5 tracks that perfectly exemplify LORN's evolutionary path within the black metal field.

As it was with its predecessor, "Arrayed Claws" is an accumulation of ultra-electric and dissonant melodies standing out against colossal guitar-walls, often shattering into psychedelic, mind-expanding dark ambient codas. But where "Subconscious Metamorhposis" was a transcendental mental journey towards a superior illumination, LORN's new album looks more like a physical and desperate odyssey through the regions of Death, an "abstract trap" through which to sink into an unforgiving hell that corrupts the flesh and mutilates the spirit.

That's exactly what happes in "Toybodïm" and "Süt-aq-Köl", two songs inspired by the Altaian mythology, two stages of a purification path. The first track takes its name from a black lake where the souls of the dead fall and become larvae; the second is a lake of milk where the spirits get purified, a placenta for the newborns. The transition between these two tracks and the towering atmospheric conclusion of "Aus Nebel Turm" leaves the listener beaten and dismayed, with the painful awareness of being only a grain of nothing, lost in the unending and mysterious fogs of Existence.
03.01.2017 - 17:51
InnerSelf
proofread free
Quote:
....often shattering into psychedelic, mind-expanding dark ambient codas.

Sounds good.
----
is not bold enough
03.01.2017 - 22:13
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
The left animal is so cute. Looks like a teddy
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.01.2017 - 22:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
17.01.2017 - 23:29
InnerSelf
proofread free
Strange approach with the production! they made the guitars really thin (as is every other instrument). I still don't know how I feel about that since I only listened to it once.
Hopefully it makes more sense with further listens.

EDIT: Don't know if I'll get over the production being done this way, but the riffs really do make up for it.
----
is not bold enough
18.01.2017 - 08:24
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Decent, but I was expecting something way better after Joe's hype. The closing track is definitely the highlight of the album for me.
18.01.2017 - 14:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Lol, don't blame me because you fell the hype

It's definitely not on par with the previous album, but there is something definitely intriguing about that clinical and thin production.
31.01.2017 - 00:43
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Mmm... It's okay.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei

Hits total: 2554 | This month: 13