Winter's Gate vs Crimson II

Poll

Winter's Gate vs Crimson II

Edge of Sanity - Crimson II
Insomnium - Winter's Gate

Total votes: 15
17.03.2023 - 16:56
nonZero
I didn't include Crimson I because I think that would likely get the most votes. However, these two 40min melodic death metal masterpieces are fairly evenly match in my books, so I'm curious to see what you think!

Please only vote if you have heard both, otherwise that unfairly raises the rating of the more popular one.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
17.03.2023 - 16:58
JoHn Doe
I think I can only choose here once i give them a new fresh listen. This may take a while, I'll get back to this.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
17.03.2023 - 17:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
EoS no douby , Imsonium are good and strong band, but whit out EoS and Dan Swanö genre would be like nothing, and thats the legendary album, I doubt anything can beat it.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.11.2023 - 11:33
Oldy86
This might be controversial but Winter's Gate has the edge for me. I love Insomnium and this is their Magnum Opus.
19.11.2023 - 21:49
mde017
Written by Oldy86 on 16.11.2023 at 11:33

This might be controversial but Winter's Gate has the edge for me. I love Insomnium and this is their Magnum Opus.

I would say if that ranking it higher against first Crimson- that would be really controversial. Against Crimson II that is much closer - to be honest I have not made my mind. Those albums rank close to me. Actually that is good excuse to come back to them.
----
Okręt mój płynie dalej gdzieś tam
Serce choć popękane chce bić
Nie ma Cię i nie było jest noc
Nie ma mnie i nie było jest dzień