EviL - keyboards, percussion, organ, synths, vocals
Jun-His - guitars, vocals
Ikon - guitars
Korjak - drums
Ontto - bass, vocals

Staff review by
musclassia
Rating:
It’s funny to look back at the news from 2019 that Oranssi Pazuzu had joined Nuclear Blast Records, and the concerns that signing to such a label may detrimentally affect the uniqueness of their sound. While the group’s Nuclear Blast releases thus far have represented a clear evolution in style from their earlier efforts, albums such as Mestarin Kynsi and now Muuntautuja are in no way accessibilized, simplified, or in any other way artistically compromised.

Read more ››
published 13.10.2024 | Comments (2)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 96 users
11.10.2024 - 13:20
Rating: 5
A bad dark industrial.
11.10.2024 - 15:50
Rating: 8
musclassia
Staff
Feels slightly more hectic and malevolent than the previous album; it's very solid, but maybe just lacks the X-factor of Mestarin Kynsi
11.10.2024 - 16:49
Paz
Elite
One of the most consistent bands out there.
11.10.2024 - 18:09
A Real Mönkey
Vintage Orange Demon.
----
Need a break from headbanging? Restore your street cred by visiting my hip-hop list!

Tha Swagnum Opus: A Selection Of Hip-Hop For The Curious Metalhead
11.10.2024 - 19:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Little metal, more weird Jazz music here in weird bowled mixture and guess what.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.10.2024 - 22:19
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
I've been slowly getting into this band, this album has some very interesting moments, they definitely provide some of the trippiest black metal out there.
12.10.2024 - 06:12
Rulatore
The title track is really hitting the right spots for me. From their discography, what are their heaviest outputs in similar fashion?
12.10.2024 - 14:00
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Rulatore on 12.10.2024 at 06:12

The title track is really hitting the right spots for me. From their discography, what are their heaviest outputs in similar fashion?

The title track is unique compared to their discography as it leans more into their electronic side of songwriting. The closest I could think of is actually their collab with Dark Buddha Rising Waste Of Space Orchestra.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
12.10.2024 - 18:49
Tapita
Oh! This experimentation is really very good, the most evolved of black metal today, it is not chaos, everything is where musical entropy demands it. A strange trip to hell.
15.10.2024 - 00:44
Rating: 9
Halyna
Clicked with the album on first listen, least favourite track - the opener, favourites - the closer (which is getting such a lukewarm reception from listeners but I adore it), Hautatuuli, title track, Voitelu and Ikikäärme.
I passionately love Mestarin kynsi but this one has already become my favorite Oranssi Pazuzu album.

Hits total: 1230 | This month: 782