Metal Storm logo
Krohm

02.05.2008 - 04:46
Nox Lux
codebreaker
This band is actually one guy - Numinas is highly recommended for depressive black and dark metal fans.

"Krohm is a solo project of Numinas (D. Derna), also former member of Death/Doom band Evoken. Krohm began in 1995 from a desire to bring back the BM style of the early 90's. "

Other projects include: Evoken, Abazagorath, Drawn and Quartered, Infester, Mephitium, Meat Shits, Funebrarum.

Numinas is from Connecticut, now of Seattle, Washington, and is influenced by: Burzum, Darkthrone, Thorns, Lycia, disembowelment. He's signed to independent label Debemur Morti, and Sweden's Unexploded Records (released all previous except The Haunting Presence).

They're my new current favourite pick of the bunch at the moment. I'm currently listening to A World Through Dead Eyes, but the latest from Krohm is 2007's The Haunting Presence.

Slayer of Lost Martyrs - Demo, 1997
Crown of the Ancients - Demo, 2000
A World Through Dead Eyes - Full-length, 2004
Slayer of Lost Martyrs/Crown of the Ancients - Best of/Compilation, 2005
The Haunting Presence - Full-length, 2007

krohmvoid.com

myspace.com/krohmvoid
"2/22/07 - Two of the new tracks have been replaced with a selection of older ones. The new a album has been sent in for mastering and I will follow up with an update once I can confirm a release date."
----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
02.05.2008 - 04:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've only heard the newest, but they're pretty good. I prefer the guitarist's other band, Drawn and Quartered, but his work in Krohm shows how diverse his playing is. Ever since I started shopping at this specific album store, I had seen their albums, but I could never read the fucking band name, so I never checked them out until a friend gave me a link. Fucking band logos...
02.05.2008 - 04:52
Nox Lux
codebreaker
Mate that's what originally happened with me and Wolves In The Throne Room Cheers for the Drawn and Quartered heads up, but it's apparently just one guy, Numinas, so what do you mean by the guitarist's other band - Numinas gets in musicians for album collaboration's, or was it originally a Darkthrone style duo thing?
----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
02.05.2008 - 04:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I dunno
02.05.2008 - 10:55
Sunioj
One of my favorite bands altogether, I think 'The Haunting Presence' a great follow up to 'A World Through Dead Eyes', one of the few bands that can reach out and affect me with his ( their, whatever ) depressive sound without making me bored. A top tier band in that area if you ask me.
02.05.2008 - 11:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I havnt hear this band but I look at metal-archives it seems so interesting band, gonn atry it out
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.05.2008 - 13:02
Damnated
Churchburner
haven't listened to Krohm for ages, which is too bad since they're my fav depressive bm act along with Silencer. i like the first album more, perhaps because it was the first album i heard from the band; the second album is by no means inferior.

sometimes i wonder how come this band doesn't have a big fan base.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
02.05.2008 - 14:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Numinas I just keep on calling the guy Dario Derna when I talk about Krohm with friends. IMO the guy became best known for his keyboard playing on Evoken's first two albums ( Embracing The Emptiness & Quietus)
Although I do enjoy Krohm I don't find it anything earthshattering anymore.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996