04. Sacred Land
05. When I'm Gone
06. For Evermore
07. Well Of Souls
08. Into The Light
09. Lost Without You
10. Find The Way To The Top [Japanese bonus]
11. When I'm Gone [Japanese bonus] [Different vocal version]

I've heard a couple of songs of this English band when they released their debut album "Wings Of Forever", and I must say that I wasn't impressed at all, just seemed to me like another typical act in the over-saturated scene like that is Power Metal.
A while later I received this promo, and I said to myself "Oh, I know this band, let's see how much have they improved", so I pushed play and sat back, hoping that this time these guys could impress me.

After one spin of the album, I was happy, and not happy because my life is good or something like that, this album made me happy, I know! Happy Metal!
The songs are really? I don't know how to put it without falling into the word happy, fuck it, this is just happy, and in my books, happy is good!

The opener song "Neverworld" almost tricked me into thinking that this was another Epic Power Metal album, but as soon "Temple Of Fire" began playing, it was clear, catchy hooks, great chorus, excellent vocal delivery, this was Happy Metal!
But next, I was intrigued, because "Edge Of Time" had a eighties vibe going on, reminded me of those Glam bands, but since I listened those for a while when I was a child, doesn't bothered me at all.

The happiest song of the album has to be "Sacred Land" a marvelous song filled to the brim with great melodies, fast paced sections and a great chorus, sing-along if you know it!
The hits doesn't stop there! Next is "When I'm Gone" a beautiful Power Ballad for all of you that have been broken hearted, Gods know I've been.

The albums flows easily in the next songs, and let me tell you that it's content is quite varied, happy songs, mid paced ones, Hard Rockish ones and even a ballad!
Definitively, a good choice for all of you that can't stop hearing those Power Metal bands, I would say, if you have to choose one to listen this month, I would pick Power Quest, because they will make a good impression, and they'll leave you happy, that's the stuff.

Written by Undercraft | 23.06.2004

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 73 users
12.07.2007 - 20:37
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
I think that Neverworld It's a work very influenced in Hard-Rock with songs like For Evermore and Edge Of Time, I think that they have certain influence in Van Halen....
10.03.2009 - 02:08
quirin

Dunno... I might well try this one some day. What I do know is that their 'Wings Of Forever' did sound like insipid power metal.
30.09.2009 - 11:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Masterpiece of "euro flower metal"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

12.09.2011 - 20:46
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.07.2007 at 20:37

I think that Neverworld It's a work very influenced in Hard-Rock with songs like For Evermore and Edge Of Time, I think that they have certain influence in Van Halen....

Hmm... This review called my attention, but this post called even more. I am a big fan of VH, gotta check this album

Hits total: 5198 | This month: 9