Metal Storm logo
Cyber/Trance/Dubstep Metal Recommendations

Original post

Posted by psykometal, 09.07.2012 - 04:51
So I am starting this little "niche genre" thread because I am looking for some good "cyber', "trance" and "dubstep" metal bands. I am more interested right now in "cyber metal" but I figure this kind of thread would be more relevant if it was set up for more than just a single very small "niche genre", so I have decided to make it about 3 of the latest very small niche genres of the Industrial metal umbrella.

As I said, I am specifically interested in "cyber metal", particularly the bands like Illidiance, Seecrees, Seth.ECT, Neurotech and Sybreed (none of that melodeath stuff with "techno-y" keyboards strewn about for "atmosphere" like recent Dark Tranquillity and Machinae Supremacy). I am also minorly intrigued by this new "dubstep metal" stuff that seems to have popped up, the only band that I know of that is actually "dubstep metal" is Exotype (they actually use the dubstep "wobble" bass in place of an actual bassist) and would be interested in more bands like them, especially if they have a "better" vocalist than Exotype's.
14.01.2014 - 19:03
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Well, I think this band is pretty known, but just in case they aren't for some people:
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.02.2014 - 23:54
DoctorGod

Definitely check out The Browning. They implement dubstep into metal incredibly well, and the guys in the band are awesome as hell. I saw them perform at a small venue in Trenton and after the set I got high fives from every member and talked to the singer for a few minutes. Check out the song "Living Dead". It's a COD reference and the drop is sick. Eskimo Callboy is also pretty good for more metalcore screamo vocals with some trance thrown in. Both albums are good and on the most recent Browning album Eskimo Callboy does a remix of Gravedigger. A bit harder to find, but not impossible is Demented Dimensions and Control-ALTer-Delete. Falling In Reverse's second album, Fashionably Late, has quite a bit of dubstep in it. It's a really good album because it's a mashup of so many genres at once. If I think of more I'll add an addendum.
03.12.2014 - 07:14
MysticMusic

----
http://www.shadowsradio.com/
04.12.2014 - 21:32
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by MysticMusic on 03.12.2014 at 07:14

Video

While I do like this, this thread is actually for Metal bands that incorporate those kind of industrial beats in their music.

Thank you for this though.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

16.07.2019 - 11:13
Try this out: https://minoritysound.bandcamp.com/
09.11.2022 - 21:47
TheTrueLHC

I actually just stumbled upon something similar.

In an interview the singer said they were trying to pay homage to " ride the lightning " by working with scientists to create what it would sound like if you were struck by lightning while rocking out to metal.

Super unique.

Wonder what drugs they are on ?