03. From The Aisle
04. Dead Mountain Mouth
05. White Walls
06. Badlands
07. Greek Beds
08. Asleep On The Forest Floor
09. Warm Woods
10. Lake Of Virgins

I remember being blown out by Genghis Tron's debut Ep "Cloak Of Love", their insane mixture of rabid Grindcore and electronic elements such as synthpop and drum n' bass was a thing totally new to my ears, it was an innovative piece and deserved all my attention.

Now I'm in front of the debut full-length of the band, entitled "Dead Mountain Mouth". After the first listen I must say I'm not that impressed. The first thing that caught my attention is the whole mix of styles, while in "Cloak Of Love" the clashing genres (Grindcore Vs Electronica) were juxtaposed, here are merged into one. While the Ep gave each genre a space to dwell, here the two genres coexist in the same layer.
This rests some of the initial originality of the project, because this release leans more towards Grindcore. Some elements from their previous effort survived though; there are still calm passages with synths taking the leads, though they're quickly countered by acute grinding sections.

While the album only lasts half an hour, it contains 10 extreme tracks of Grindcore-meets-electronica. If I had to pick a few tracks it would be definitively "Greek Beds" and "Warm Woods", some tracks can get really noisy, so be sure you're prepared for this.

Despite all said here, this is a great album, if you're more eclectic in your tastes like me, you might wanna check their debut Ep first. At any rate, if you like Grindcore and Electronica, you cannot let this "Cybergrind" album pass by. Go.

Written by Undercraft | 10.05.2007

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 67 users
10.05.2007 - 02:38
Herzebeth

WOOOOOYEAh! this album is really something, I too think their EP is kinda better...more like, different...but this one did blow my brains out for sure.
----
10.05.2007 - 04:34
Curtis the Bum
Account deleted
sounds good, im about to download here
10.05.2007 - 22:09
Damnated
Churchburner
i agree that it is somewhat inferior to Cloak of Love, but a very good album nonenthless.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
11.05.2007 - 04:54
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Genghis Tron... is that Genghis Khan's cyborg brother? On a related note, I should download their music sometime. They seem interesting.
11.05.2007 - 07:27
Curtis the Bum
Account deleted
ah i just got sum of there music and it blows me AWAY! its like being taken to another state of consciousness with this unique sound.
13.05.2007 - 18:41
FOOCK Nam

Thanks to Metalstorm, new band I discover, and been obsessed with. Im new to this kind of metal...interesting/uniqe sound
25.09.2008 - 03:10
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Does anyone think their new album is worth getting? It's the only one I can find around here.
09.10.2008 - 18:05
Rating: 8
Talvi

Written by Marcus on 25.09.2008 at 03:10

Does anyone think their new album is worth getting? It's the only one I can find around here.

It's their best release IMO. They are not so crazy with grindcore, and have more progressive and ambience influences. Get it if you can.
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
09.10.2008 - 22:08
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Written by Talvi on 09.10.2008 at 18:05

Written by Marcus on 25.09.2008 at 03:10

It's their best release IMO. They are not so crazy with grindcore, and have more progressive and ambience influences. Get it if you can.

I ended up buying it the day after I posted that and I have to say I am super impressed. I was worried about the grindcore elements, but damn, they are a great band.

Hits total: 5321 | This month: 18